- 1 1/4 cups distilled white vinegar (5% acidity)
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 3/4 - 2 lbs Kirby Cucumbers (about 6) cut into halves or spears
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 6 large garlic cloves peeled and halved
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 16 dill sprigs
Combine the vinegar, salt, and sugar in a small non-reactive saucepan (such as stainless steel, glass, ceramic, or teflon) over high heat. Whisk until the sugar and salt are dissolved. Transfer the liquid into a bowl and whisk in the cold water. Refrigerate brine until ready to use.
Stuff the cucumbers into teo clean 1-quart jars. Add the coriander seeds, garlic cloves, mustard seeds, red pepper flakes, dill sprigs, and chilled brine into jars, dividing evenly. If necessary, add a bit of cold water to the jars until the brine covers the cucumbers. Cover and refrigerate about 24 hours then serve. Cucumbers will keep in the refrigerator up to one month.